I’m just brainstorming some ways to contribute to the fediverse without being a developer:
- Donate. To software projects and instance hosts.
- Help translate projects.
- Write articles and guides about the fediverse.
- Ask your family and friends to join and share how you convinced them here.
- Convince institutions, groups and influencers to join.
- Ask your local newspaper to write an article about the fedi.
- Design and print flyers, stickers, info-sheets, posters, …
- Post interesting stuff and be kind to other fedizens.
- Help moderate the fedi. Report harmful posts, users and instances to your instance moderators and to FediBlock.
- Help make the fediverse a more diverse and safe place by educating yourself e.g. about racism. Further reading.
- Host your own instance. Its really easy.
What else can you think of?
- Don’t be shy to provide feedback to those who are developers. They really need your input wherever you can give it!
- Dogfood the fediverse. Use it as much as you can, and let others know that you do (e.g. refer to it in your other channels).
- You don’t need to be a developer to be a maintainer